July 30, 2010

Handmade Stoneware Coasters by glazedOver Pottery

Several years ago, while I was still in graduate school at the University of Chicago, I brought my friend Zehava to the Hyde Park Art Center pottery studio so she could see my work. Zehava has always had a very unique and eclectic aesthetic. She also has mind of her own, one of the many reasons why I have such love and respect for her. 
Freckle Face Stoneware Coasters by glazedOver Pottery 3At the studio, she described to me what she’d like to see in a ceramic coaster and asked me if I could make them for her. She’s not an artist but she does know what she’s looking for. So together, we worked to bring her design to fruition.
Blue Green handmade Zehava coasters by glazedOver Pottery 4
Her basic design is brilliant in it’s simplicity and elegance. It has grown with me as I have grown as a potter. Here are some of the latest manifestations of the Zehava coasters. Enjoy!
Seafoam Blue Zehava Coasters by glazedOver Pottery

No comments:

Post a Comment